Thursday 6 November 2014

New Brief (Module 4 Live Briefs)

New Live Brief
For my Commercial Image Creation brief(Module 4) I have been given a list of live briefs to look at and then chose which one I want to do, this list include briefs for Liberties, book companies, comic companies , beer companies and so on.
To get an idea of what brief I want to pick I have read through each brief and researched further in to the companies and organizations to get an understanding of what they may want to see. There are three that I am mainly interested in; The Liberty brief, Two Puffins and a Penguin brief and the Travelling Man brief.
I like the Liberty brief as I think I would have a lot of fun creating some pieces to take to The Liberty open call, and also I understand that it is a huge opportunity to get my products in to a well-known and loved store, this would open up a lot of huge opportunities if I were to do this and get through to the next round of the open call and if I got my products in to the store. I also have many ideas of where I could take this brief and what I would like to create and present.
The Two Puffins and a Penguin brief is also a massive opportunity for me, I could establish myself as an illustrator and get more and more paid live briefs if my design was chosen to go on the books. I think I would enjoy researching and finding ways of creating an outstanding piece of work that will jump out to an audience and entice people to buy the books.
The Travelling Man brief is amazing, I have always love comic books and comic book art. I have been obsessed with comic books such as Batman and Tank Girl since I was young and I always wanted to find an opportunity to break in to the comic book industry, and this brief could be the door. I have always tried to think up ideas for comic books and I have a few that I have wanted to start for a while but never quite got the chance. So, I could bring forward some ideas and really work hard to create a well done and professional comic book for this brief. I also know that shop as I have been to their shop in York many times and bought comic books from there, so I know how the shop looks and the sort of things they like to stock.
I am going to do some more research in to these briefs and sketch some quick ideas for each to see where I feel most comfortable and then I will chose and make a plan for what tasks I need to do and when, this is to ensure that I meet goals at the right times so I have enough time to make the outcome professional and of a high quality standard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment