Wednesday 19 November 2014

Ideas and Colours.

Here are the colours forecasted to be popular in Autumn 2015, most of these colours are commonly popular trend in autumn time every year and as I love autumn colours and styles this brief will be very fun for me. 
Trend colour forcast by WGSN.com

Trend colour forcast by WGSN.com

Now I know and understand my colour and cuts I want to focus on the illustrations that I will be putting on to my clothing line, as my concept is inspired by my Dad I am going to be looking at birds and creatures that remind me of him and what ones he likes that fit the colour schemes and would look good under the themes of Autumn.

My Dad has always loved birds and I have also gotten this trait from him, I have memories of watching pheasants with my Dad as they would be walking down the fields around our farmhouse and in to our garden.
I love the beautiful colours of the feathers and on the faces of these birds and the colours fit in extremely well with the Autumn forecasted trends. 


Owls were always around me as far as I can remember, we always had little paintings of them and ones made from ceramic scattered around our house. Owls have always been creatures of beauty that remind me of british wildlife and everyone loves owls!

I love badgers, and are in my opinion one of the most beautiful creatures in Britain. Once when my Dad was young he walked out of a caravan and stood on something, the creature ran off to one side knocking my Dads balance, and when he looked he realised it was a badger, he's lucky that it ran as they can be vicious! 

Pot bellied pigs have always been something that my Dad loves, he looked after them for most of his life from a very young age, so I also got the love for pigs. And whats more british than a beautiful big pig? 
I want to sit and draw many pigs to see how I can illustrate them in a feminine way that would suit female clothing. 

As I said in my 'Concept Blog' my Dad has had pigeons and homed them through his life so I have been bought up around them. Contrary to what most people think Pigeons are amazing creature and incredibly intelligent. Also, I love the colours of pigeons and I have always admired them from a young age. I think that the colours will fit in well with the forecasted popular colours for autumn 2015.

Canaries may not be a wild british animal but they remind me of my Dad from when we used to keep and show them, so I would like to try and put some canaries in the clothing somewhere. 

The red squirrel might be the cutest wild animal in England, there are few left due to the over population of the American grey squirrel, so they are treasured and protected. I would love to illustrate some squirrels and incorporate them in to my pieces.


Hares are beautiful creature, I used to see them a lot as me, my Dad and my twin would be driving back to our farmhouse, I've always loves them and their long shapes. 
Drawing hare's is fun, they are a good subject for a elegant and expressional piece of art work. 


I absolutely love stags, they are so regal and the british love regal stuff!







No comments:

Post a Comment