Monday 17 November 2014

My Concept

I have spent a great deal of time thinking about what concept I want to use for this brief, as it is an important and live brief I want to pick something that I will enjoy to do so that I can get the best work out of myself and also something that would be applicable to the style that Liberty's stock and would want to stock.
The concept I have come to decide on is based around my Dad, my Dad is very important to me and has always been a massive inspiration to me through my life so I want to do my first live brief based around him and his likes. I want to illustrate things that I associate with my Dad and the things he likes, Liberty stock a lot of British and nature based prints and object and my Dads likes are very suitable for this.
My Dad likes things such as big British pigs, birds and British wildlife such as deer. So I want to spend a lot of time illustrating these sorts of things and see how I can apply them to the forecasted styles and cuts of clothing for Autumn 2015. My Dad loves pigeons and used to home them when I was young and I spent a lot of time with him and helping him with the birds, we also had show canaries that I helped with and we spent time together with. These are the sorts of memories that I cherish and I would love to use them as a source of inspiration, so I like the idea of using these birds. He also loves looking for wild birds around where he lives and not long ago he got excited at hearing a bird he had never seen in real life so rushed up the hills with his binoculars to see it. So, wild British birds would be a good thing to keep looking at and illustrating, I'll also enjoy this as I share his love for birds.
The main idea I like is pheasants, the colours of the feathers would work with the colour forecast well for Autumn 2015 and I have lovely memories of watching pheasants from big windows with my Dad with his binoculars as they walked down the fields around our old farmhouse and in to our garden.
We also had cows and calfs right outside our door that I would go to see so I want to look at ideas of little cows and some pigs as my Dad absolutely loves pigs and collects everything with pigs on.

The next step I am going to take towards narrowing ideas is to play with the colour palette predicted for Autumn 2015 and then work in to the colours with illustrations of birds and wildlife.

No comments:

Post a Comment