Tuesday 18 November 2014

Black Milk Clothing : Research on Trends and Styles

Black Milk Clothing is one of my favourite clothing companies, I love their different and bold take on clothing. Each piece is well made and the colours and details of the prints on each piece are so vidid and detailed that I have never seen a print on a piece of clothing that matches up to the Black Milk pieces. 
So, as I love them so much I thought I would research some of their older pieces in the 'Museum' that are no longer for sale to find pieces that are relevant to the colours and season that I want my pieces to reflect and fit in with. The 'Museum' is a section on their web page that shows all of their past pieces that are no longer for sale.


This first dress caught my eye because it carries the colours that fit in well with Autumn with warm yellows and oranges. The illustration on the piece is an amazing piece by Arthur Rackham created in 1907, Arthur Rackham is an artist I have loved for a long time so I'm also incredibly saddened that the piece is no longer available. 




This piece I love, and I also thing the cut is incredible and this sort of cut is forecasted to be a popular trend in Autumn 2015, so I wanted to take a lot at what they did with the cut and how it hangs. I love this piece as it is gothic and also have a feminine touch with the way the skirt hangs.


Here is another dress with a famous piece of art on it, this piece is by Gustav Klimt and called Der Kuss (The Kiss) created in 1908. This piece contains all sorts of colours that work so well with the Autumn time of year, the dark yellows, warm oranges and the peacock greens running thought the piece all compliment each other so well. 




This is one of my favourite pieces in the Museum and has their very popular galaxy print on it. This long cut is also very suitable for Autumn with some changes by adding sleeves and maybe a hood and it would fit perfectly.  


Here are some more leggins with the popular galaxy print with beautiful red and warm colours that would fit with the autumn season well.




These Haunted House leggins are beautiful and gothic, fitting well with the Halloween season within the autumn. The colours coordinate well with the season and the jacket is also a very beautiful cut, a cut that will fit nicely with next autumns forecasted trends. 


This green is a beautiful colour, Black Milk created a collection of cuts and styles in this colour, this colour is seen a lot in the forecasted trends as well as the past trends for autumn.

I love this illustration by Mucca and the colours he chose to use, putting this on a dress is genius and I wish I could have grabbed one before they were stopped being made. The piece is all about autumn and shows the beautiful colours, leaves and a wonderful delicate sense of femininity to the piece. 

I absolutely love gothic pieces of clothing as my own style is quite gothic, and these sorts of pieces always fit well in autumn with the cold weather a longer cut is appreciated and the dark tones create a sense of maturity and simplicity.

These Monet piece leggins are astounding and have all of the appropriate colours and themes within the piece, I feel that it would fit in with spring as well as autumn seasons. 

I like this piece as it is attention grabbing and bold, the colours are very well coordinated and fit well, and the pattern is striking and attracts attention. The fit is very figure hugging and the cut is beautifully simple and hold the pattern extremely well. 

I am in love with the colours and tones used in these leggins, inspired by oil slick and amazing looking on the body I love the altogether piece. 

These colours are very popular in autumn times and I am also looking at these sorts of colours for the potential pheasants on the pieces that I want to create.  

I find these leggins quite reminiscent of the Oil Slick Leggins I have previously looked at in this blog, this pieced has a few more colours and more of an organised layout of the colours and tones. 

I love this piece! The colours are so beautiful and delicate yet striking and very trendy. I like the green paired with the dark greyish black in the background. 

No comments:

Post a Comment