Tuesday 11 November 2014

Athena Procpiou

Athena is an artist who was recruited on to the Liberty of London designers through the Liberty Open Call day.
I want to look at designers who got through the Open Call days so that I can see what they use and how they create their products so that I can understand what I will need to do to have a chance. 
I love Athena's work, he prints and designs are all inspired by organic things, this is a trend that seems to run through almost all of the people chosen by Liberty to stock their products. 


I love this long cover up by Athena, I think this is the sort of thing I would be looking to do but in a darker pattern, I would like more of a sophisticated goth undertone to my pieces.
I love the colours and patterns chosen here, I think they compliment so well and it flows lovely to the shins. The long flowing garment paired with the pale colours creates a very girly and feminine look. This piece is priced as £540 on her website. 

I wanted to look at some of Athena's scarfs as she was hired for these and Liberty is well known for their regal and feminine scarfs. I love this piece, the bright pinks agains the soft browns makes the bright pink more subtle and soft.
This piece is price at £190 on her website. 

No comments:

Post a Comment