Monday 6 October 2014

Victorian Male Gloves, Hats and Clothes (Brief research)

As I am drawing the Ripper, I will have to find out what dress would have been typically worn in London 1888 when the Ripper was on his killing spree. As I will not be drawing his face, I will concentrate on items of clothing such as hats and gloves, as this is probably all I will draw of him in the pieces. 
 Here I have found a few pictures of hats, shoes and gloves. They all seem very simple to draw and get an idea of, so looking at these will help me along.





The reason I am choosing not to draw Jack The Ripper in my pieces as a whole character, face and all, is because since 1888 the ripper has been left unknown up until this month (finally the real face behind Jack The Ripper has been revealed and proven) and for most the whole obsession of The Ripper has been because nobody could prove who did the horrifying murders and mutilations. This is probably the only reason that these murders are as well known to this day, because of the mystery. So I would like to keep this up in my work and hide his face, keeping the concept of terrifying mystery alive, and keeping the audience curious and wanting to learn more about the man who stalking in the shadows preying on young women. 

No comments:

Post a Comment