Tuesday 7 October 2014

Millers Court, London 1888

Millers Court. Where Mary Jane Kelly was found dead by the side of this house after being murdered by The Ripper. 
 Looking at these pictures for reference has me thinking about the layout that I want to use in my work, I think using somewhere like this as a background may be interesting, maybe a shadow in the door way? Cool coloured highlights to add an interesting effect?
But at the same time I really want to get a cobbled street in my work somewhere, maybe a dark alley with a little archway where a strange figure can stand?
I am going to keep going through the list of where the murdered victims where found and also look around similar and close areas to try and find elements that would be perfect for the pieces.
This is the exact spot where Mary Jane was found outside this house on Millers Court, Whitechapel, London. 

No comments:

Post a Comment