Thursday 30 October 2014

Poster Process (4th blog post)

Once I had all of the faces and hands done and finished I looked at the text that I could be potentially putting on the poster, I looked around at all different sites and font download pages to find the right one. I found this quite hard as most of the horror ones had a tendency to look cheesy or over complicated. And as I have quite a complicated and detailed piece on the poster I wanted something horror themed but still very simple.

I really like the type face of this one and the idea of having both 'R's large to mirror one another and carry on the symmetrical feel to the poster.

I did like this one but the more I played with it on the piece I found that it didn't look quite right. 

This one is actually a text taken from letters written to the police after the murders from the ripper himself, so obviously I thought this one is perfect and ties in so well, and when I added it to the piece I felt it went perfectly. 
After adding the text I played around with the warp tool to move and adjust the letters as I wished. 

I also found that the Puppet Warp tool was perfect to move the letters easily and well. 

This is it so far! All I have to do is add a caption and whatever other small pieces of text to join it all together! 

No comments:

Post a Comment