Tuesday 21 October 2014

Victorian Hair

One of the hardest things I am getting a grip on with this is drawing hair, I normally struggle but I have found it hard to tackle old and complicated hair styles like the ones in 1888.
To help me with this I want to look at other artists interpretations of victorian hair, here are a few things I have found.
I like this one, as the drawings are simple and show the general outline of the hair shape, leaving out the complicated detail of full hair. These can give me help with hair styles to use for the women in my illustrations. 

I like this one, the way the curls are in the front of the hair is very simple almost yet shows all the detail needed. Unlike the previous this one shows more detail in the hair flow. 

Once again in this the detail of the hair shows detail and flow but isn't overly detailed. 


I love this illustration, the womans eyes are huge and doll like. And the hair is full of details and gives off a lovely vintage feel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment