Wednesday 8 October 2014

The Bird With the Crystal Plumage 1970

The Bird With the Crystal Plumage (1970) is on of the most popular Giallo films of all time, it has a cult following behind it and fans widespread all over the world since its release. So this is the sort of film I should be looking in to, to see what the artist did with the posters to get some inspiration.
I love the yellow against the black, and I think it is very fitting, as Giallo means 'yellow' in Italian. 

Im extremely interested in creating a realistic painted piece, as this is commonly seen in the horror movie posters in this genre. 

I love the illustration on this, it is very different and unique compared to all the other Giallo horror movie posters I have been looking at. 

I like the photograph with added blood! But I will not be using any sort of photography in this brief. 

I love the composition in this one, the scared woman in the background and hand with knife in the foreground adds mystery and makes the audience question who is holding the knife. This is the sort of layout that I want with my piece, especially the knife and the hand, as this is exactly what I want to hide the Rippers identity in the covers.
I am also a massive fan of red against black, I think these colours in any poster points towards a horror genre. 

No comments:

Post a Comment