Thursday 9 October 2014

Horror Soundtrack Covers

As the aim for my project is to create a horror vinyl and extras, I wanted to look at other horror movie soundtrack covers and see what other artists have done to attract and audience to buying a soundtrack. I also want to see what would fit the target audiences wants and expectations with a horror soundtrack and how the artists met these needs and expectations through their concepts, ideas and finished cover. 
Masters of Horror
I like the cover to this, due to the red and the black together with the design and text, a horror theme is clearly portrayed to the audience, and would attract somebody like me who loves horror to buying this. I love the background and the texture added, as I think without it the cover would be duller, I like the idea of adding textures to a colours background as it adds more of an interesting effect and a grunge feel to it, coupling well with the concept. 

The Amityville Horror
I like the colours in this piece, as they seem warm, but dangerous, and attract the eye to the windows creating an uneasy feeling towards the house. I like that the colours gradient from a hot orange to a dark purple black, this brings the viewers eye up to the desired point. 

Carrie
I am a huge fan of this film, but in my personal opinion I don't like the use of the cover for this vinyl. I do see how it shows the contrast of Carrie's mood, from one happiest moment to the next darkest moment and how her character changes drastically in a heart beat and the heat of her rage in contrast to the warm loving happiness of her proudest moment. So in some respects I do like the concept use, but I would think there could be more interesting ways to show this concept to the audience other than just two pictures next to one another. 

These are awesome horror themed turntables, I like the use of the space and would like to look in to the idea of painting a vinyl to go with the collection that I will prepare for the brief. 

Halloween
Simple and scary, here they have kept the main image used for Halloween and used it again for the vinyl, I do love this image, but I would like to use a different image for each product and piece. 

Troll
I love this cover, I think it obviously fits perfectly and the picture chosen in awesome!

Psycho
I like the concept for this idea, showing the victim in a pale colour in one corner and the villain in red in the diagonal corner. And the house in the background ties it all in, I like how it shows the good, the bad and the setting, making it clear and crisp for the audience. 

Rosemary's Baby
I love the cover of this vinyl, as it shows the peak moment of the film, the moment that the whole film builds up to. So I think that using the final moment on the soundtrack is a wonderful idea, as it has some insight but doesn't give anything away.

Tales From The Crypt


No comments:

Post a Comment