Monday 27 October 2014

Poster Process

First I scanned in a sketch I had done of the rough poster idea. I used yellow pencil, the reason I did this was so that I would find it easier to build over a yellow pencil rather than a deep black that would make it difficult for me to see.

I then drew in with a pencil tool at 3px, this tool is faint so it is easy for me to build up, or ignore faint mistakes. 

After doing the first first profile face I decided to copy it and paste in position of each head. I used a grid to get everything in the right place as I want it to be symmetrical.

I then looked at late 1800's hairstyles and applied them to the heads, each head has a different hairstyle. I don't want them to all be exactly the same as I want them to represent individuals killed, and creating a group of matching girls would take away the individuality. But I want all the girls to have the same face and show the same sad expression, I want to do this so that they tie together in the experiences that they shared and the feelings that the victims would have all experienced. I want them to be calm and sad, almost a subtle devastation, I think these faces show pure sorrow and no fight, showing an acceptance of their ends. 

Now I am throwing the base together, adding rough sketches of the hands and we ponds and mirroring them. Im considering removing the top two hands and replacing them with something else or just the title. 
Now Im going to work up the final outline from this!

No comments:

Post a Comment