Tuesday 7 October 2014

Scared eyes

I think I would like the woman in the process of being attacked in my drawing, so that I can draw and catch fear adding more of an interesting feel to my work. To start this off I have decided to look through some of my favourite horror movies for a woman's reaction in pure fear. I want as close to a real scared reaction as I can, I want the woman to look completely and utterly terrified for her life and looking straight forward at the audience, creating a sort of beg for help. I think doing this will pull in the audience and show the pure fear and terror, enticing them in to watch the film.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
Silent Hill. Even though her eyes are closed in this picture I love the face and scream that she has. 

Psyco! Alfred Hitchcocks film Psyco was the pinnacle of horror, it was the film that changed horror forever. Alfred pushed the actress Vera Miles to scream her hardest and portray true and raw terror. I love this picture and her far, its interesting how the upper eye raises to high to show so much white yet the bottom is still flat and straight. 

Carrie! I love this film and Sissy Spacek's performance was astounding, the pure fear that she showed the audience was so real and grabbing. I love how her mouth drops down and her eyebrows raise higher than I ever thought humanly possible. 

Halloween! Another amazing classic. Jaime Lee Curtis's eyes seem more subtle than the previous pictures, but still portray the shock and horror she feels.

Rosemary's Baby (1968), my all time favourite film ever, so I had to get Mia Farrow's performance in here somewhere. This is the moment where she see's he child for the first time, after being told he had dies she finds him in the apartment of the 'over bearing beloved neighbours' house who turn out to be witches. This is the highlight of the film, the moment Rosemary whiteness' her child's true form, unbeknown to her the baby is both hers and the devils, due to the witches using her as a vessel to give birth to satan's first son. In the film you never see the baby's appearance but in the novel by Ira Levin, written in 1966, the baby is described to have lizard ayes, small pearly horns and pearly sharp claws at the end of his tiny hands.
Her eyes widen so far as her jaw drops and hand raises, I love this scene and Mia played it flawlessly. 


Scream! I like this picture as it is very different to the rest, her eyes seem to close rather than widen.

More Carrie! The wide eyes terror strikes again

Psycho! The famous shower scene, flawless and terrifying!
My next step is to study scared eyes more, I am going to study my eye and practice drawing and perfecting a perfect terrified eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment