Tuesday 19 November 2013

My part in the exhibition

I was asked to create a piece in an exhibition as part of a team, the team consisted of me and three others. The brief asked that the exhibition be based on Hartlepool and the people in Hartlepool, and we were asked to work together as a collaboration. 
Our team of four decided to look at alternative style people in Hartlepool and to do this we looked at tattoos and peircings ect. 

Here are some pictures of the work I added to the exhibition.
I drew on to the walls using pencil to create an outline of two large girls, the girls where about 6 1/2 ft tall. 
I painted the hair using black ink in different amounts of water to create the right shade. I wanted to keep the girls pale and grey so that the tattoo designs that would be added on would stand out a lot more. 

The hair I created on my girls faded out and joined in to the hair of a girl that was drawn by another member of the team I was in, to join this smoothly we attached the girls by the hair and slowly blended the hair from my style to his style. 
Once the bodies where done I added tattoo designs to the piece using bright colours.
I made some of the tattoos look as if they were coming away from the bodies and coming to life. 
The faces also featured more body modification concepts with piercing and I also painted the ears to be stretched. 

No comments:

Post a Comment