Wednesday 27 November 2013

Miss Van

Miss Van is a brilliant illustrator who creates interesting pieces basing her work on women and animals. 
As I am going to base my illustration book on people and their power animals I decided to look at artists who combine people and animals to get some ideas of how I can create my pieces. 
This piece by Miss Van is very soft and feminin. She cas used soft pastel colours in the piece but kept the piece mostly greyscale and pale. This attracts the attention to the face, in the face she has made a rabbit mask and kept a feminin and human look to it. 



Here she has created another soft piece in greyscale using pencil, here you see a girl posed with a ostrich with ostrich feathers in her hat, relating the animal more to herself. I like this idea of keeping the animal and character separate but relating them with some elements.

An amazing and colourful piece of dancing girls with their animal themed masks. I love the soft and flowing atmosphere that is created with the colours and movement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment