Monday 25 November 2013

Digital Manipulation (Quick 1st go)

Digital manipualation 

This is a piece I created starting with a quick sketch of me that my twin drew. 
Here I have scanned in the image and I open it up in photo shop. 

This is the scanned in image.

Here I select the image with the quick selection tool and then right click> Select Inverse, so that I am selecting everything but the image that I want to keep. 

I rub out all of the selection to get rid of the background of the paper. 

Here is the image after, to clean up the paper background within the piece I have to select the pieces I want rid of, also using the quick selection tool. 


This is he piece with all the background rubbed out. 

I select the hair and open up a new layer to work on this selection so to not edit the background image of the scanned sketch, 

I add my hair colour with a pastel style brush so I can create all the different tones that I have in my actual hair to make the character look more like me. 

I add more tones within the hair. 

I add a face colour also with the pastel style brush. 

Adding colour to the ears and eyes. 




As you can see, adding the face tone wiped out the darkness of the piercings.. 

I select a pencil tool to work in to the piercings and eyes. 


Using black tones I darken the piercings and add white highlights. 

I add more white highlights to the eyes lips and lip and nose peircings.

Colour and tone all done! 

Adding a oval frame I finish the piece.  


No comments:

Post a Comment