Wednesday 27 November 2013

Illustration book research: Phil Wilkinson

Phil Wilkinson is an amazing tattoo artist who also makes one off tattoo illustration books filled with his art work. Here is volume 1.. 
Here is a preview of his book found on his official Facebook page. His work here is very soft and detailed,  Phil has  chosen to use mostly greyscale tones and small highlights of colours. I love the effect this gives as it adds an interesting effect, pulling the eye around the piece and towards the colour.
I love this book of Phil's collection of work, as I am working towards creating my own I am going to look further in to it and look at other artists who have done their own illustrations collected in to a book. Phil Wilkinson is also creating a Volume 2 to this book, I suggest you check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment