Tuesday 23 September 2014

New Brief!!

I have just received my new brief, and it has instructed me to pick an album from a list;
William Onyeabor - Who is William Onyeabor
Ivor Cutler - Dandruff
Patti Smith - Horses
Robert Johnson - King of the Delta blues
Nick Cave - Murder Ballads
Kraftwerk - Trans Europe Express
King Krule - 6 Feet beneath the Moon
Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
First Aid Kit - Stay Gold
Kate Bush - The Hounds of Love
Agnes Obel - Aventine
SBTKT - Wonder where we land
Jungle - Jungle
Royal Blood - Royal Blood
Mozart - The Marriage of Figaro
Childish Gambino - Because of the internet
Kyary Pamyu Pamyu - Pika Pika Fantajin
Jerry Lee Lewis - Great Balls of Fire
The Amazing Snake Heads - Anphetamine Ballads
Children Bedtime stories
Live Student Brief - Jack the Ripper Soundtrack

The first ones I considered were Kate Bush, Robert Johnson, Mozart and the Jack the Ripper soundtrack. I would normally go for something dark and creepy as that is what my style seems to lean towards. But when I looked in to Kyary Pamyu Pamyu I saw that her style was very cute and based on Japanese popular styles just as Kawaii and Decora. I love these style and I was very in to researching it when I was younger and mimicking the style slightly and drawing characters that relate. So I thought that this would be a fun one to pursue.

Right now I need to get a feel of her style and genre so I have been listening to the album and looking at her style and the styles that relate. This will help me underpin the whole concept of the art work I am preparing to create for the brief. I have been asked to create artwork for either a cd or 12" vinyl, and a product (apparel, home ware, ceramics, greetings cards, stationary or a toy) and an advertising poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment