Tuesday 30 September 2014

Change of plan!

I have had change of plan with my choice for this project, instead of Kyary Pamyu Pamyu I have decided to go with the Live Student Brief, for a film students film called Ripper. It is about Jack the Ripper and has an appearance of a Batman inspired victorian character in the film. I absolutely love horror films, especially the type of direction that the student wants to go with his film, and I am obsessed with Batman and I love to read anything about crime, especially Jack the Ripper. So the whole concept of this film is right down my street and I cannot wait to get working on it.

Today I have managed to talk to James Campbell, the film student creating the film, and managed to ask a few questions and understand the direction that he wants to take the art in. James said that he wants the art to have the appearance of a 70's Italian giallo horror posters, focussing on a woman, gloved hands and a silhouette. He also mentioned that he likes the idea of a puddle with a reflection or ripple showing the Ripper. James also told me to keep to the giallo type colour palette, so mainly black, with red, green and yellow highlights and make the poster like a typical painted horror poster. James also specified that the Batman should not appear on the poster that is going to be seen before the film, this is so the twist is kept secret, but the Batman can be hinted as subtly on the vinyl cover.

So, my next step is to refer to all the main points given and research each one to get a real feel for what I am going to create for the film.

The reason I decided to change my idea was that once I saw the Live Student Brief I found that I related to this one a lot more than the one previously chosen. So, I think that I would create better work for this brief as it has a lot of my favourite concepts in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment