Tuesday 30 September 2014

Death Walks on High Heels (1971)

'Death Walks on High Heels' or 'Le Morte Cammina con i Tacchi Alti' from 1971 is another Italian Giallo film that I have looked in to, I have found three different posters for this film, so I am going to look at each of them and compare.

This first poster has a limited colour palette, I like this effect it clearly portrays that the film is a dark thriller and gives it a dramatic edge. I like the lack of detail, how it only shows elements of the woman in the foreground, choosing to focus on the shoes and a patch of ground they walk on, I think this is very interesting and the colour of the red against the black creates a hard edge. The clear central element of this poster is the red eyes of the man in the background. The eyes take the concentration of the audience straight to them, I love the clear harshness of them and how wide they are, creating an unsettling atmosphere.

Once again we see a limited colour palette even though it is not as limited as the previous. I love the roughness of this poster and the shock of red blood around the woman's neck, the mystery of the person in the suit as his head is turned creates a will in the audience to watch it to find out how and who. 

This poster is much different from the previous two as it is made up from photography or maybe stills from the film. The photographs chosen are perfect for this genre of film. I love the dramatic eyes of the woman, looking right past the audience, creating a tense air of fear. The close up of the leather gloves compliment the top photo well, mimicking the atmosphere and adding a darker edge. 


No comments:

Post a Comment