Tuesday 30 September 2014

A Blade in the Dark (1983)

This poster is the promotional poster for Italian Giallo film called "La Casa con la Scala nel Buio" or "A Blade in the Dark". I love the movie poster for this and it connects well with the style that I have been asked to emulate in the pieces that I create. I love the detail in this poster, it has been hand painted by and artist and shows their talent. So, to achieve this sort of skill I must practice painting female faces, hands and so on. 
I like the blue glow and bright highlights that contrast against the shadows an darkness, I think this give so well to the genre that the film is and suits it down to the ground. This is something that I need to take notice of also and try and bring it in to my work as I have notices many of these posters have these techniques in common. 

No comments:

Post a Comment