Wednesday 24 September 2014

Yumeno Hajima Ring Ring music video

I have decided to sit and watch every music video that is a part of this album so I can get an idea of how Kyra Pamyu Pamyu is wanting to be seen by the public eye, I need to do this so that I can take from them and use if to my advantage, creating album art that ties in seamlessly with her music and style.

Yumeno Hajima Ring Ring is a very sweet song about her being sad and having to leave the ones she loves to achieve her dreams.
The beginning of the video is her on her knees, portraying a child and holding the hand on a large polar bear (I will be keeping the polar bear in mind when creating art work for this album) and she meets her older adult self, high fives and the older self walks away. Leaving the child like Kyra crying an anime tear. I LOVE the idea of adding things such as tears with animation, so I will also keep this sort of concept in mind also.
Through the video we see her meet older selves and saying goodbye to her younger selves, I see this as her growing up and moving on filled with sadness of leaving her old lives.
The whole video is filled with wonderful colourful randomness, all sorts of objects seem to appear and float about, everything seems to be very overly decorated (mimicking the decora and kawaii style)
Here are some stills from the video...
I love the massive bows and eye ball gloves. I think I want to definitely use bows and eye balls all over my designs.

I love the background dancer outfits, they are a scary cross between cute and utterly terrifying. 

Metting her older self, I love the wide range of clothes she choses to use, and how they show the age differences.

I am all over this awesome ghost design and I would like to take that as a concept and use it in the artwork that I create. Even better, this ghost design appears in another video so it is a running concept in the album. 

I love this scene! With the dark room and hanging light bulbs and tv, its the more grown up part of the video, showing her growing up. 

Floating cutesie letters floating around seem to be a running concept through all of her videos, so I think using this on the products would suit the artist well. 

This still is my favourite part of the video, I love the anatomical heart, eye and skull and the colours and patterns chosen to be put on them. I am going to run with this concept and play around a lot with the concept of cute disembodied body parts.


This still shows the sort of patterns that have been used through the whole video and through the other music videos by her. I love the colours and types of patterns, I must look closely at these and emulate them in such a way that will work with the artwork. 

No comments:

Post a Comment