Tuesday 13 May 2014

Jared Krichevsky - Artist research

As earlier on in my blog I looked at Jared's piece of a realistic Zoidberg, a character from Futurama, I decided to look more in to his work as this piece was so intriguing.

Jared has worked in visual effects and is currently a CG Generalist and Designer at The Aaron Sims company and also teaches his trade!

"Hot Top"
I love this piece! he has used brilliant contrast in the colours using greys, browns and blacks in the majority of the piece and a gold and orange selection for the head of the creature. I love the effect this gives, as the bright colour contrasts so greatly from the dirty browns, this pulls the eye towards these bright colours that look as if they really glow and emit heat. 

''Rotted Zombie''
Once again Jared has picked colour and tones that compliment greatly and show the audience the dirt, blood and rotting flesh as if it were really there. I love the effect of the saliva dripping from the part of the jaw that is left in the zombies face, it reflects light and pulls the eye down the piece from the striking eye (even though it looks away it is very intense) down to the bloody chest. 

"Lovecraft Syndrome" This piece relates to the work I am doing as he has based it off Lovecraft's works. I like the flow of the piece, as the tentacles wrap up and around the female looking face and up in to the air where the eye is looking. 


No comments:

Post a Comment