Tuesday 13 May 2014

Angry Dagon

Update on process, below is the outlined piece of the Dagon done with  0.3 fineliner pen. (Yes, it says Jared Krichevsky in the corner, I had to write down his name so I knew how to spell it in my blog, this will be rubbed out) 


This is the original piece that I made digitally fro sketches, I did not like how it looked because I thought it looked too clean and empty. Also, I hated the horn. I could not get it right, no matter what I did to it it seemed to look wonkey and wrong.
Here is the piece so far, I fixed the horn issue by using the old outline as a starting off point and created a grooved and textured horn instead of a clean straight one. I decided to do this because I wanted it to look more natural and suit the wrinkled face. I really like the outcome of the horn and I am happy that I changed it. I also changed the teeth very slightly, I moved some around and added in some more rows. I have some issues with this piece, I feel like I messed up the eyes a bit due to a wobbly line my hand decided to create, but I am not fearful, I think this will be easy to correct in the next stage and as I go along.
My next step is to add in the detail and texture using a 0.05 fineliner pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment