Thursday 8 May 2014

Finnished (almost) eye.

This is the almost finished piece for a section of the book I have chosen to narrate in illustration. The part I am narrating says, "I think I went mad then.". I found that I was really drawn to this sentence, I thought it was very powerful and showed the true feelings of the man in his horrific ordeal. So, each time I read through this book I decided this was one part I would definitely be illustrating.
I decided to draw the mans eye, wide and scared to show his sanity has gone and that he is completly terrified with what he has witnessed. The more I drew the eyes I decided that I wanted the reflection of the monster in the eyes to be visible when you look closer.
This is the finnished eye, I have added more to it with fineliner, and I plan to add more and clean it up digitally.

No comments:

Post a Comment