Tuesday 13 May 2014

Angry Dagon

For one of my pieces I want to create an angry Dagon, hence the animal research. From the research I found many useful things that I could use like the characteristics of an angry animal and how they're teeth bare and muscles move. 
Here is a piece of my sketchbook where I started to jot down ideas.
I looked back through my sketchbooks to my first sketchbook where I started to build the Dagon character and find his features. Below is a piece that I drew to create a seething attack face. Looking back at this I have realised that I am quite happy with these sketches and think I would like to use them and edit them in to the final piece.

Angry boy. 
Pen sketch (I really like this one to work from) 
Here is my final character design, I need this to keep refering back to so that I get his proportions right in my work. 
I am thinking that I may create the angry Dagon piece with his whole body visible, so to look further in to this I have been looking back through life drawing pieces and sketching out how I may be able to position him. Below are some pictures of these sketches.
I think if I do draw the creatures body I want to do him in an attack crouch or stood up with his arms flying out as if he is about to jump on the man. 

No comments:

Post a Comment