Tuesday 13 May 2014

Angry Dagon

As I have already posted these pieces up before hand I will only be brief. I decided to look back at Dagon sketches and pieces that I have done before. Here is a sketch that I created when I had finally decided on the look for the Dagon. I decided to scan it in and edit it digitally do that I could match the left side up to look appropriate with the right side that I had already drawn.


As you can see in the above screen shots, I used the pen tool to create the lines and match them up. 



Final Dagon face.
I am really happy with the outcome of this piece minus the horn, as it is very wobbly and wonkey. I like the clean look of the piece but I dont want it to look so tidy in the final piece, this is because I want it to be scratchy and messy like the others. The reason I want it scratchy is because of the state of mind the man is in in the book. He is terrified and feels as if he is going mad. So I want his emotions to be reflected within the illustrations so that they go with the book well. 

My next step with this piece will be to print it out and redraw it using maybe 0.2 and 0.3 fineliner pens for the features and create a scratchy look with the 0.05 pens for the smaller features and shade.



No comments:

Post a Comment