Tuesday 17 February 2015

The Eternal Suffering

Here is a rough scan of an idea I have been working on for The Eternal of Suffering. I do like the outcome but I think it needs a lot of work, for example I don't think the wires look balanced so I would like to add more and maybe make the barbed wire travel up them, as if they are a part of her like other limbs crawling up the wires. 
The Eternal of Suffering is of my own creation, I wanted to create a being that embodied pure suffering personified in to a Titan like creature, All of the Eternals are kept in a cave to keep under control, but the cruelty still leaks out in to the world, but its under a form of control. When the end of the world comes The Eternals will rise up and take back their control, destroying the Earth by gorging on their wants of destruction (or opposite in the Good Eternals). I like the idea of the creature controlling the suffering, yearning for more so it inflicts more on itself. The barbed wire is an extension of the creature, it wraps it around itself and in and out of its flesh, adding more pain and living under its own self driven desire to suffer. 
I am going to take this piece away and finish thinking of its story, and also keep playing with the piece, adding more and I am also thinking of doing this piece in colour. When thinking of a colour palette I take a lot of inspiration from a lot of my favourite horror films and games and use a palette of dirty reds, oranges, burnt browns and deep black. Also, I think green works very well with horror, when in the right depth it can create an eerie atmosphere for the piece. 

No comments:

Post a Comment