Tuesday 3 February 2015

Negotiated brief; My aims and objectives

In this brief I want to create a book of creatures and monsters of my own creation based of raw human emotion, I want to strip back human nature and create a creature for each aspect of us. The book will be filled with illustrations that I will do on creatures that I have thought of using folklore and nature as inspiration for each. Each creature will have character development and a story behind them that will be printed next to each illustration to give the audience a real understanding of the creature and its personality, strengths, weakness’s and powers. 
Along with the book I also want the illustrations to be sold along side as prints, I will create high quality prints of each illustration on industry standard paper. 
As I work through the brief I will be keeping a digital blog that will show my research, critical evaluations of my own work, the problems I meet and solve and the process of my work. I will also present a hard copy of my blogs in the form of a printed word document so that the blogs are laid out in an easy to read and understand way. 
Through my blogs I will research relevant artists who practice the same genre of illustration, these are artists that I have been inspired from a very young age, such as Brian Froud, Guillermo Del Toro and Brom. Through the duration of my research I will seek out and find more artists that are relevant and I will analyze their work and process’s to get and understanding of what is required in the professional work of illustration.
At the start of the brief I will make a table with tasks I have set myself to complete throughout the duration of the brief, I will follow this table to keep organization and time skills in order and also break the brief up for myself to work through in smaller chunks. 
At the end of my brief I will make a professional presentation of a fully hand made and high quality book of illustrations of creatures and beings of my own creation, along side this I will present a collection of prints from the book and my documentation of research and process and also a self critical evaluation of my whole body of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment