Tuesday 4 February 2014

Feature Sketching: Dagon eyes


After looking at the descriptions given for the Dagon I have started sketching up some ideas for the features of the creature.

I started by sketching the eyes based on the small description of ''Glassy, bulging eyes''...


Above: The inicial sketching of eye ideas. I started by playing with different pupil types and the wideness of the eyes. Each idea that I liked I played with a bit more and also experimented with eye surroundings like the bags or eyebrow lines.  


Above: I have picked features that I liked from the drawings before and expanded on them



Above: Two final ideas that I like the most, I tried to sketch them as cleanly as possible to see which I like. The top sketch is the one I have decided to keep as the Dagon eye. I prefer the smaller pupil as it shows madness and more awareness than the bottom. And I prefer the heavier eye lid and deeper and darker bags of the top sketch also. 


No comments:

Post a Comment