Wednesday 12 February 2014

Dagon facial feature research


I want to do a lot of research on facial features for my Dagon character so I think the best place to look is old movies or drawings depicting evil characters. 

Below are pictures of Medusa from The Storyteller, a TV series by Jim Henson in 1998. I found this amazing work very inspirational for evil character features. I love the facial features, the way the face is so creased to create a powerful expression is amazing. The end result is terrifying and full of emotions of anger and wrath. The grey and blue, almost silver tones of the face reflect in a brilliant way, making her dark and scary but no so dark as to not see the features. The darker tones in the creases and the lighter silver tones around make the features stand out and strike the audience. The piercing eyes seem to be the main focus of the face the choice of yellow stands out against the dark skin. 





No comments:

Post a Comment