Tuesday 10 March 2015

Pole Dance Positions

I take a lot of inspiration from the human form in motion of dance. The grace and beauty that the human body holds is endless so I am fascinated by dance and in particular Pole dance. Pole dance is a form of true athleticism, the opposite of the negative stigma that has been attached to it. 
In the last few years Pole Dance has become recognised a true form of beautiful and athletic dance. It needs years of practice and a body in peak condition to achieve the advanced results.
I have been attending Pole fitness for a few months now and I have developed a real love and obsession for it. The effort and love that I pour in to it helps me perfect skills, become stronger and it is also a huge place for inspiration when it comes to my work. 


I went to The Pole Dance Dictionary to look up some moves and shapes that I could use in my work.

Each position is beautiful and poised. I like to look at these and think about how the body works and what makes a graceful piece.

 

 
 
I want my creatures to have appropriate poses, I am going to do an hours session of Pole and take numerous videos of moves and holds to get and idea of what poses I would like to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment