Monday 16 March 2015

Figure Drawing!

I've always had issues when drawing male characters so I have been doing a lot of practice and done a lot of research on techniques in preparation for my male Eternals. I have been looking back through my pieces and sketches and I have decided to revisit the Eternal of Suffering, I feel like I want the character to be a male torso and less human to create the clear idea that the creatures are not human.
I have found http://artists.pixelovely.com/muscle-tutorial-from-the-punchline-is-machismo/ to be a brilliant tutorial for drawing figures and muscles.
Here is my first version of The Eternal of Suffering. Since I have done more research in to creatures and monsters I have decided that I want them to have a few less human qualities about them. And also, as the story is that these creatures are God like beings that reside in a cave where they are trapped to as to not reek havoc on the world any longer, they have been in that cave for an unimaginable amount of time and also away from human society. Because of this I thought that these creatures would not have things such as barbed wire or metal meat hooks. So I want to make the chains and hooks and ect. look more natural, like they have been make from natural materials from The Keepers (The guards of the Eternals)  
Here is the second attempt of the Eternal of Suffering, I do like the face on this one a lot more, I thought that taking away the mouth would show more suffering, and I like the idea of it to be all weird gooey skin. I drew the hooks as if they were made from stone this time and i thought this worked a lot better, and I want the wire to be roots and thorns wound together for a thick rope holding the Eternal up in place. I am going to keep to the idea of The Eternal of Suffering to be just a torso, also I still like the idea of the guts still and I want to add thorns and roots growing through the intestines and such. 
Even though I like this one more than the first I think it could be improved with a few changes, for example I really want to change the pose of the body, I have drawn a small sketch of the pose I want in the bottom right corner of the second attempt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment