Friday 9 January 2015

Cushions

I have decided what I want to illustrate on each cushion from the ideas I have thought that relate to memories of mine.

The first will be a Heron; I have chosen this because I have a memory of me and my twin seeing one for the first time fly through the garden. After we saw the heron we freaked out not knowing that there were birds that big around and we called our Dad for help and he had to calm us and explain that it was only a harmless Heron that must have been eyeing up the koi pond and flown off when it saw us. Since then I have formed a love for Herons, I love how long and graceful they are and the soft colours.

The second will be a pig; I have chosen pigs because my Dads favourite animals are pigs and I love them also. I have so many fond memories of talking to my Dad about pigs and different breeds and about how he's worked with them and loads of crazy stories about them.
For this cushion I will use ares gingham and trimming that would work well, I am still deciding which colour ribbon and so on.

The third will be a swan; swans remind me of going to the lake with my Mum, twin and baby sister. I want to do a pillow based on a memory with my Mum because she is also a huge hero of mine. My real mother abandoned me at a young age so I thought I may never have a mother until my Mum came along and bought us up as her own. I have huge appreciation and admiration that she has done this for me and my sister, so I would like to do one for my Mum to show her that I am thankful of everything she has done for me. Swans remind me of my Mum because she would take me and my twin to the lake to see them with our baby sister Molly so see them and we would keep an eye of the signets and watch them grow.

The fourth will be a pheasant; I used to sit and watch through the window of our farmhouse with my Dad as a group of pheasants would walk up and down the fields and to the garden. My Dad would always keep binoculars by the window and help me find them and tell me names of other birds we would see.

The final will be a pigeon; My Dad used to home pigeons and I would spend a lot of time with him and learn loads about the pigeons and how to look after them or tell apart different breeds. Whenever I see pigeons it reminds me of the time and I love their beauty, I have the negative stigma attached to pigeons and think people should recognise their grace and beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment