Monday 10 March 2014

Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters

An awesome book. The classic amazing novel Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen that has been changed up and mixed to make this unbelievable book by Ben H. Winters. Having this around my house I decided to take a look as it relates to what I am drawing.
The following images are some pieces from the book, the pieces are by Eugene Smith..
I love the calmness of the monster as it chows down on one of the crew.

The shape of mouth and squinted eyes adds so well to the ferocity of the beast. 

When giant lobsters attack



This is my favourite piece from the book, the gigantic monster with all his claws and tentacles, all the makings of an extremely scary monster yet his face is calm, some what bored or not bothered? I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment