Wednesday 5 March 2014

Adding Brusho scan to Dagon

As I liked the colours of the Brusho tests I did I decided to scan it in to the computer and digitally edit it to become the skin of my dagon...
Here is the scanned image added to a layer behing my final Dagon face.

I then edited the scanned image to fit to the face then played with brightness and contrast to make the colour paler in order for detail to be able to be added without looking to lost among the dark tones.

I also played with curves until I came to a final tone that I liked the most, but I found that some patches seemed darker than others, I like this but I want the dark patches to be in relatable places, so in wrinkles and more darkened areas. 

To make the dark pieces in the face look right, I decided to use the burn tool to add more shaded appearances in the darker areas of the face.

My next step is to fix the teeth, eyes, mouth and horn then add a layer of detail which I will sketch by hand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment